Hot Water Installation Canberra
How We Can Be The Solution to Your Problems
We Service All
We Can Supply
and Fit All Brands
“These guys are fantastic! I managed to book in super quickly for an emergency issue. The booking window was only 2hrs and they called half an hour before so it was super easy for someone working full time. They were friendly and fixed the issue really quickly. He tidied up and left it all cleaner than it was before they came. Pricing was super reasonable as well considering the quality work 🙂 Huge thanks to the team!”
THE IMPORTANCE OF HOT WATER SYSTEMS CANBERRA
You will never appreciate your hot water system enough until the moment you have to go without it. Your system might be faulty and require repairs, or if it stops working altogether, you might need a brand new one. In some cases, you may not even realise there’s a problem.
Cold showers can be an unpleasant experience, and it’s ideal to have a hot water unit that is working optimally, particularly during the cold winter months. Our team of qualified Canberra plumbers delivers fast services on the same day you report your issue. Our specialists can service your hot water system, do the required repairs, or install a brand new unit so you can enjoy your long, hot showers once more.
NEED A HOT WATER SYSTEM REPLACEMENT IN CANBERRA?
LOOKING FOR HOT WATER INSTALLATION IN CANBERRA OR SURROUNDS? NEED SOMEONE OUT TODAY? QUICK,
GIVE US A CALL RIGHT NOW ON (02) 6288 9929, AND WE’LL SEND SOMEONE OUT ASAP.
Our plumbers have experience and knowledge as well as quality workmanship to provide same-day services when repairing or replacing hot water systems. Although most units over the past 20 years have been made to higher standards, they are still often forgotten about until there is a problem.
Not doing routine maintenance can escalate and lead to bigger problems. Missing the obvious signs that your hot water system has a problem can also result in a shortened lifespan overall.
Get a quote today
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A NEW HOT WATER SYSTEM INSTALLATION?
- You can expect us to arrive within a two-hour time period.
- You are able to choose the day and time that suits you. We fit our schedule to suit yours rather than vice versa.
- We will clean all the internal parts of the unit, including the fan, housing, injectors, and sensors.
- The element, thermostat including all valves will be tested and set to an appropriate efficient setting.
- Operating gas pressures will be checked and set.
- Carbon monoxide levels will be checked and recorded.
- We will write a report so that you can keep a record of what has been done and provide any recommendations.
Canberra Plumbing is here to assist with your annual hot water heater service. Call us or send an email to set a time for our expert hot water service team to visit your home in Canberra, Queanbeyan, or Jerrabomberra.
HOT WATER SYSTEM INSTALLATION – CANBERRA
You need to catch your hot water problem as soon as possible to stop something simple from turning into an emergency plumbing issue. You can do this by looking for common warning signs that indicate your hot water system is getting old or that it needs maintenance. If you notice any irregularities, give our friendly and qualified plumbers a call. Our great service means we’ll come out on the same day if the issue needs immediate attention, or schedule a day and time that suits you.
When it is time to replace your hot water system, our expert plumbers will advise you on what system is best for your home. If your unit was installed more than 10 years ago, it’s likely that your household circumstances have changed, and you can either upgrade or downgrade to a model that’s more appropriate.
Why not consider looking into a more energy-efficient option? If you have questions about electric, gas or solar hot water systems, our plumbers can give you all the advice you need.
Licensed Professionals Waiting to Help!
WHAT WE WILL DO
Servicing hot water systems starts with our plumbers carrying out investigations and assessments to identify the problem.
Depending on what the issue is, the plumber will:
- Inspect the hot water heater (whether it’s inside or outside the house, inside the roof or underneath the house).
- Inspect and test the heater’s connections, pressures, parts, and time delays.
- Diagnose and discuss the issue with you and provide insight into your options moving forward.
- Organise the parts required – we only use genuine parts, not cheap generic ones.
WHY CHOOSE CANBERRA PLUMBING & DRAINS TO REPLACE MY HOT WATER SYSTEM?
- We are available 5 days a week to service, repair or replace your hot water system.
- We will show up when we say we will.
- We have highly qualified plumbers carrying out all work.
- All hot water systems we install are top-quality systems.
- All hot water systems we install have excellent warranties attached.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY HOT WATER SYSTEM BREAKS DOWN?
Your system has probably broken down if it starts making loud, unusual noises or leaks water through the house. For starters, don’t panic! We are ready to help and solve the issue through efficient hot water repairs.
Our office team will coordinate same-day service with you and a specialist will be at your door to assist in no time at all. Don’t expect a big national call centre when you call Canberra Plumbing – we are a local team of real humans that provide personalised customer service.
Here are some indications that your hot water system needs repairs:
- Water leaking from the valves
- Water that is discoloured (muddy or rusty)
- Water that contains sediment
- Unusual cracking or popping noises
- Pilot light turning off
- Water that smells or tastes metallic
- Hot water running out quickly, or low water pressure.
WHY HAS MY HOT WATER SYSTEM BROKEN?
The three main reasons why hot water systems give problems are:
- Age: hot water systems usually have a lifespan of between 10-15 years. An old hot water system can result in the heating process slowing down. This will cause increased electricity and fuel consumption. A hot water unit has a serial number that will show the manufacturing date so you can determine its age.
- Sediment build-up: minerals in the water can create a layer of sediment on the burner, causing it to overheat.
- Internal pressure: use of a hot water system over a long period of time can wear down the safety valves. Built-up pressure needs to be released so that it doesn’t burst.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REPLACE MY HOT WATER SYSTEM?
Our hot water repairs may not take as long as you think. Depending on what system you currently have, how it was installed, and which new system you have chosen, replacing the old system could take less than an hour.
However, if we need to change the configuration of the installation or we are installing a system different to what you currently have, the installation may take a full day. There is no need to be concerned because you are in our safe and experienced hands. The plumber attending to your hot water system will detail your options and pricing, and will also discuss the amount of time required to do the job.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT SYSTEM IS BEST?
This is a great question. With all the new options available on the market today, the sky's the limit. The attending plumber will determine what factors count in terms of size, location, number of people living in the home, how and when you use your hot water system and if you have any preferences. That way, we can establish what will work for you and advise on the best solution for your situation.
We are always available to assist you in any way possible. We do not recommend products that do not meet our exact standards. Products must have excellent warranties and, most importantly, must work for you the way you need them to. That means there are hot water systems available that we will not recommend or install because they don’t work well in Canberra’s climate or aren’t durable in the long term.
WHEN YOU ONLY NEED REPAIRS
In many instances, a hot water heater simply needs some repairs rather than the entire unit needing to be replaced. Our experienced and knowledgeable plumbers will assess your home's hot water system and determine whether it needs repairs or replacement.
If it just needs some maintenance, we’ll get your electric or gas heater back up and running in a reliable fashion. Hot water systems manufactured in the last 20 years are generally made to higher standards, but we often forget to have them checked and maintained until there’s a problem. Not doing routine maintenance means you could be missing some obvious signs of a problem that can lead to a shortened lifespan.
Locals having problems with their Canberra hot water systems should contact our hot water specialists right away. We’ll solve all your plumbing problems with the best customer service and competitive pricing.
SOME SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO BEFORE WE ARRIVE
- Turn off the hot water system.
- Turn off the water source to prevent water from flowing into the tank. Twist the heater valve’s lever clockwise until the water stops, or just turn the supply off for the entire house and wait for our plumbers to arrive.
- Drain the water in the heater by fitting a hosepipe to the drain valve.
- Open the pressure relief valve, which is found on the side or on top. Lift the valve gently and be cautious of the boiling hot water. Have a bucket nearby to catch the hot water.
- Turn the cold water on to flush out any sediment buildup inside the tank.
For Your Peace of Mind
We are fully licenced gas heating technicians
We have unparalleled levels of care for our clients and their heaters
We service, repair and replace all gas heating
Exclusive 7 year installation warranty
Licensed professionals waiting to help, make an enquiry now
Sewer and Stormwater Repairs
Sewer and stormwater pipes provide an essential service. When they’re blocked, it can be a bit of a headache. If you are looking to have your drains cleared, click here to read about our drain cleaning services. If you are after a long term solution, at Canberra Plumbing and Drains we will provide pain relief in the way of our prompt and professional sewer and stormwater repairs service.
Hot Water Systems Throughout Canberra
Your system getting you in hot water? (Or worse – cold?) If you have domestic hot water hiccups, Canberra Plumbing & Drains deliver hot water heaven no matter if your system is gas or electric, needs a repair or a replacement.
Canberra Gas Heating
Running low on spark? Our sister company, Woden Valley Plumbing & Gasfitting are gas experts on servicing, repair and replacing or upgrading with 5, 6, and 7 star natural gas and LPG heaters. Head across here to find out more.