UNLIKE ANY OTHER GAS HEATER REPAIRER IN CANBERRA
…or anywhere else, for that matter
It might sound like we’re bragging, but the proof is in the pudding pipes.
Click here to
call us right now
Looking for a quote?
Start right here
Check our service locations
Quick search online
ON-CALL EMERGENCY DUCTED GAS HEATER SERVICE CANBERRA & SURROUNDS
Canberra Plumbing & Drains always attend to emergency calls with urgency, and if we miss one for some reason, we will immediately return it. Expect nothing less than prompt and professional service, delivered within a two-hour window. And while you wait, our friendly receptionist will remain on the phone with you to talk through the situation until plumbing assistance for your Braemar heating and cooling system arrives on the scene. You can be sure that a licensed plumber from Canberra Plumbing & Drains will be ringing your doorbell in no time at all, to take over and save the day – both calmly and professionally.
WE ARRIVE WHEN WE SAY WE WILL
We all know that unfortunately, in this industry, appointment times are seen as options rather than a given. But allow Canberra Plumbing to change your perception of plumbers and professional gas fitters from around here. We are customer-focused and we will always be on time to provide plumbing and gas heating services to our community. We have excellent communication so your technician or another team member back at the office will keep you updated continually so you always know exactly what’s going on, where and when.
WE’VE GOT DECADES OF EXPERIENCE WITH GAS HEATERS, OUR OWN EQUIPMENT, & UPFRONT PRICING
Don’t fall into the trap of gas heating technicians who advertise suspiciously low prices and promise the world. You’ll be sorry when you find out that you’re being charged from the minute they enter your home. We are a local family-owned plumbing business with more than twenty years of experience. We have specifically worked with many ducted gas heating units and Braemar systems during this time. And when it comes to providing quotes, we do upfront, transparent pricing that’s good value for money – because our skilled technicians perform a high quality of work.
DO YOU HAVE A BRAEMAR SYSTEM BREAKDOWN?
GOT A GAS HEATING SYSTEM EMERGENCY IN CANBERRA OR SURROUNDS? NEED SOMEONE OUT TODAY? QUICK, GIVE US A CALL RIGHT NOW ON (02) 6288 9929, AND WE’LL SEND SOMEONE OUT ASAP.
Or if you’ve got a ducted gas heating problem that isn’t as urgent, you are welcome to call us or use the online enquiry form. We’ll ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem and how urgent it is so that we can schedule an appointment to come and have a look in person. It doesn’t matter how big or small or long or short the job is – all heating repairs, maintenance and replacement are done with the same professional attitude.
Our plumbing team servicing Canberra will thoroughly explain the process and the costs in detail. A new Braemar system replacement can become quite expensive, but you can rely on Canberra Plumbing to never suggest or quote anything that isn’t actually necessary.
Get a quote today
For Your Peace of Mind
WE ARE FULLY LICENCED GAS HEATING TECHNICIANS
WE HAVE UNPARALLELED LEVELS OF CARE FOR OUR CLIENTS AND THEIR HEATERS
WE SERVICE, REPAIR AND REPLACE ALL GAS HEATING
EXCLUSIVE 7 YEAR INSTALLATION WARRANTY
Family-Owned. Independent. Canberra Locals.
I’m Andrew Skipper, the Owner and Master Problem Solver of Canberra Plumbing & Drains.
We have done heating repairs in Aussie homes for over two decades, specialising in evaporative cooling units and ducted gas heating and cooling systems. Our technicians are fully qualified to do maintenance, service and install all of these products in the Canberra region. Customers should know that I have identified and chosen highly trained and qualified plumbers and technicians to be part of our team, and in our business we emphasis customer service.
Our plumbers are always punctual, and we stick to appointment times so no-one is left waiting around. We provide same day service when there are plumbing emergencies, and we will tackle plumbing problems anywhere, anytime. Canberra locals know that we’re reliable, so they are confident to put their trust in our gas heating services. Our business will never over-promise or underdeliver.
We aren’t shy to talk about the excellent reputation our company has built up in this industry. Our plumbers consistently go over and above expectations, so it’s no surprise that our happy customers come back time and time again. Throughout Canberra, Jerrabomberra, Queanbeyan and surrounding regions, Canberra Plumbing gets the job done correctly, the first time.
Canberra Plumbing & Drains is comprehensively insured and has been a Silver Member with HIA for 19 years.
Plus, we pride ourselves on being the best communicators around:
- Same-day service you can depend on, If we think there’s a long-term solution to your problem, we’ll take the time to explain it to you
- Our team will take the time to explain all services in detail so that you understand what we’re doing and understand the cost,
- We will provide guidance and support during a plumbing emergency so you know what to do until the professional plumbers arrive
Canberra Plumbing & Drains has a reputation of no AWOL tradies at all. Our office staff remain in contact with customers to keep them updated and to work around everyone’s busy schedules. We value your time, so our responses will always be quick, on time, and friendly.
Aside from being experts in Braemar ducted systems, our guys are also just Canberra locals. We are your neighbours and community members, so you can come to us for anything plumbing, from gas fitters to hot water systems, heating appliances and central heating in Canberra. Get to know our wonderful and friendly team.
No one thinks they’ll love their blocked drain repairer until that plumber over-delivers on their promises (and saves the day!)
“Brodie was super helpful as was his offsider on the day. Did a cheeky drain unblock on his way out. 😁. Thanks so much guys.”
“It was an extremely respectful, professional and well executed service…”
“They showed up when they said they would (on the same day) and most importantly I didn’t have to worry about a thing as they took care of everything from start to finish…”
“…you get a professional job with prompt service, transparency in what it may cost and why, and they clean up after themselves.”
We’ll guarantee our drain cleaning, Canberra. And more… I’ll personally promise we will always strive to go above and beyond your expectations.
We take our credentials very seriously
Canberra Plumbing & Drains has been around for nearly 25 years, and we’ve dedicated that time to building up a good reputation in Canberra. We started from humble beginnings, being a small family-owned business, to growing larger and larger over the years and employing a skilled and experienced team. We firmly believe that Canberra Plumbing surpasses other heater repairs plumbers in the area. Our team consists of like-minded professionals who share our vision of providing the best plumbing service to locals in Canberra.
We have handpicked our plumbers because we want the best quality to be associated with Canberra Plumbing & Drains. Each of our plumbers are highly qualified and offer excellent customer service that has become synonymous with our brand.
More Customer Love for Canberra Plumbing & Drains
Don’t just take our word for it
We only make use of our own equipment, because we have invested in top quality over the years. We want our customers to know that our tools and machinery are specialised so we won’t waste time trying to make things work with the wrong tools, or even put anyone in danger. In this case, we believe in paying the price for genuine quality – a quick fix can lead to even more expensive or dangerous problems in the long run. Even if it’s hidden away in a wall or somewhere where the customer can’t see it, your safety and our level of quality come first. We don’t compromise on quality under any circumstances.
“…I managed to book in super quickly for an emergency issue. The booking window was only 2hrs and they called half an hour before so it was super easy for someone working full time…”
“…Great service. Turned up on time!”
“…Pricing was super reasonable considering the quality work…”
“…From the initial call answering to the appointment booking and plumber’s visit, everything was done with utmost professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction…”
Our motto is:
‘Done once, done right’
Our fantastic customer service is one of the things that keeps people returning to our plumbing company again and again.
Our qualified and reliable technicians in Canberra have years of experience so they are able to make the correct call on the first try. By now, we’ve pretty much seen everything plumbing that there is to see, so nothing intimidates us. Don’t hesitate with your plumbing problem – call Canberra Plumbing & Drains and have it fixed for good.
So, take the plunge
and give us a call today
Canberra Plumbing & Drains works with only the best – so we deliver you only the best
We own all our own equipment and only invest in the right tools at top quality – so machinery breaking down on the job and no ‘substituting’ a part that’ll “do the job for now” regardless of whether you – the customer – can see it or not. Whether it’s a fancy new drain or the smallest junction that goes deep inside your drainage system, you can be assured it’s the best quality around.
Got a Blocked Drain Emergency in Canberra and surrounds?
Click here to call us right now
Just looking for a quote or specific information?
Send us some details or photos and we’ll get back to you pronto
HOW DO BRAEMAR DUCTED GAS HEATING SYSTEMS WORK?
Each room in your home gets blasted with toasty heated air that travels through the ductwork that’s connected to your Braemar heating system.
The air is warmed up in the ducted system using either the furnace or gas heater. This air is then circulated through the house to warm everything up nicely and then it makes its way back to the heater and goes through a return air grill where it is recycled and heated again.
Braemar heating systems are usually found under the house, outside or in the roof.
BENEFITS OF DUCTED GAS HEATING
- If you look after and maintain your natural gas heating system, it is very safe.
- Gas heaters are efficient because they can reach the required temperature quicker than reverse cycle heating.
- Energy isn’t wasted heating the whole house because you can use flexible zoning and only heat the rooms needed, which can save you up to 60% on running costs.
- The heating and cooling system is versatile and can be installed just about anywhere and in any space.
- The warm air isn’t drying to eyes and skin.
- A Braemar air conditioner emits low CO² so it’s better for the environment.
Licensed professionals waiting to help, make an enquiry now
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO SERVICE YOUR BRAEMAR SYSTEM
- A qualified technician should check your gas heater regularly to give you an idea of how it’s ageing. They will advise when you should replace it with a new Braemar system when it’s near the end of its service life. Rather catch it early than have to struggle if it dies unexpectedly and you’re stuck without until you can replace it.
- Sticking to regular maintenance can prevent breakdowns by fixing the small problems as they arise without leaving them unattended for too long. They will inevitably end up becoming bigger and more expensive problems.
- Regular servicing will give your Braemar system a better chance to reach its full lifespan so you won’t need to waste money on replacing it prematurely.
- Gas leaks can be very dangerous, so have a gas fitter inspect your ducted gas system regularly. Leaks can lead to fires or carbon monoxide poisoning. Canberra Plumbing & Drains will always take extra precautions for your safety.
- Maintenance on a Braemar ducted unit includes thorough cleaning, so after a service the air it circulates will be cleaner too.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY GAS HEATER BREAKS DOWN?
Canberra Plumbing & Drains can save the day with a quick call or click. Our ducted gas heating technicians have been servicing the Canberra, Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra areas for years and can handle plumbing and gas situations professionally. Don’t waste time with call centres when we provide personal customer service and we’ll have a plumber at your door while you would still have been on hold with another plumbing company.
SOME SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO BEFORE WE ARRIVE
- f your Braemar appliance is producing an unusual smell, turn the gas and power off straight away.
- If your ducted gas heater is making loud and unusual sounds, turn it off at the thermostat.
- If there is smoke coming out of the vents, turn the gas and power off immediately.
- If the controller won’t work, it might need a battery change.
- If you’re still unsure, contact our office and our staff will advise on any queries or concerns you have
WHAT WILL THE BRAEMAR REPAIRER DO WHEN THEY ARE AT MY HOME?
Fluctuating temperatures that occur at the start and at the end of seasons, combined with the extreme temperatures during the seasons’ peak can deteriorate a gas Braemar service.
Our technicians do thorough investigations so that they can make a diagnosis. When they arrive, they will:
- Inspect your Braemar gas heater,
- Test its furnace, controller or thermostat,
- Physically inspect the connections, pressures, time delays, performance of different parts, the heat exchanger condition and any other concerning aspects of the system,
- Make a diagnosis,
- Explain the problem to you in detail and discuss the options you have.
If you need new parts as part of the repairs, Canberra Plumbing & Drains only uses genuine parts. We don’t use any cheap generic parts whatsoever, so customers know that we only stand for great quality. We also provide warranty to support any of the services we provide.
WHY HAS MY HEATER BROKEN?
If you don’t commit to the upkeep and maintenance of your Braemar system, you shouldn’t expect it to function at its full potential. Gas heaters have to work very hard in Canberra in comparison to many other Australian areas and therefore need to be serviced annually. If a Braemar ducted heating unit isn’t serviced as per its manufacturer’s instructions, the lifespan will decrease – especially if you use it during the day and night.
In our experience, we have witnessed heaters less than five years old needing to be replaced. This is normally for these reasons:
- Badly installed Braemar systems when they were still brand new can hinder their performance and longevity with time.
- Lack of maintenance.
- Wear and tear.
- A Braemar system situated outside won’t last as long as a system that’s in the roof or beneath the house because of the Canberra weather conditions in peak summer and winter.
When is it a good time to ask questions?
We train our skilled technicians to answer all questions so they deliver the best customer service. Don’t worry whether your question is silly or too in depth for them – they will happily explain, and in as much detail as you want. Don’t hesitate to ask a question. Our team ensures that you know exactly what needs to be done in your home and how much it will cost.
When it’s time for your gas heater service, you can contact us to make an appointment over the phone or book online.
Our award-winning team provide the following services:
- gas heater inspection,
- gas heater testing from the furnace, controller or thermostat,
- inspection of connections, parts, time delays, pressures, heat exchanger condition,
- testing for irregularities,
- making a diagnosis,
- providing expert advice regarding your options and agreeing on the plan of action for repairs, maintenance or the need for a replacement unit, and
- ordering any required genuine parts and installing them.
We can confirm that at Canberra Drains & Plumbing, our team only supplies and fits genuine parts to ensure the highest quality of heating and cooling. Generic parts don’t meet our standards so we only choose good products with long-lasting quality.
If you experience a problem with your Braemar heating system, don’t wait until its next service to deal with it. If your system is releasing strange noises or smells, turn off the power and gas and contact our emergency line immediately and we’ll be over in no time.
Our professionals at Canberra Plumbing & Drains recommend that a gas ducted heating system should be serviced annually. Stick to the service history because Braemar heating units are more likely to be faulty or break down as a result of negligent maintenance. If you don’t maintain your heating system, it can lead to higher operating costs.
We offer value for money services that include cleaning, fine-tuning machinery, and reprogramming the system’s computer. We test for leaks because gases like carbon monoxide can be very dangerous, and we look out for loose wiring because it could be a fire hazard. All precautions are taken so that any aspects that could minimise the system’s safety and performance are seen to so that our valuable customers are safe and sound.