Dux Service Canberra
Click here to
call us right now
Looking for a quote?
Start right here
Check our service locations
Quick search online
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DUX HOT WATER SYSTEMS BREAK DOWN?
For hot water system problems that aren’t urgent, you can give us a call. We’ll ask you a few questions that will help us identify the problem and its urgency. We will then arrange a time that is convenient for you to come and inspect the situation.
Any job, big or small, will be carried out reliably and competently by our professional team. All repairs, maintenance, and replacement jobs are carried out in alignment with our strong work ethic and care for our customers.
Our highly efficient plumbing team will explain the procedure that will be followed, step by step, as well as the costs involved. A Dux hot water system replacement will most likely be expensive, but Canberra Plumbing will never quote for or recommend work that isn’t absolutely necessary. Dux hot water systems are high quality and will provide reliable water heating for your home.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO SERVICE DUX HOT WATER SYSTEMS
- A qualified technician should check your Dux hot water system regularly. They will identify when it’s not functioning optimally and suggest when to replace it with a new hot water system. Replacing the system when issues arise will prevent you from struggling without hot water.
- Having hot water systems serviced regularly can prevent breakdowns – which inevitably turn into serious, more expensive problems when left untreated.
- Regular servicing will also allow your Dux system to attain its full lifespan, avoiding financial loss on premature replacement and the potential frustrations that come with losing hot water.
- We also recommend having our gas fitter inspect your system and gas fitting on a regular basis, as unidentified leaks are potentially very dangerous. Leaks can cause fires or lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Your safety is our priority, and our team will always take extra precautions to ensure your safety.
- Dux hot water repairs and servicing include thorough cleaning which will cause the air it circulates to be cleaner too.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY HOT WATER SYSTEM BREAKS DOWN?
If you notice heat loss from what was once a hot shower, Canberra Plumbing & Drains has a very quick response time. All you need to do is give us a call. Our technicians have been providing service to the Canberra, Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra areas for many years and can professionally deal with any plumbing or hot water heater problems.
Save time by avoiding call centres where you’re placed on hold for long periods of time. Make us your first call. After your initial call, we’ll send a technician to your door who will provide personal customer service. Don’t wait until the next service date – or even a disaster to occur – to deal with a problem.
SOME SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO BEFORE WE ARRIVE
- If your Dux hot water system is emitting a peculiar smell, turn both the gas and power off immediately.
- If your gas heater is making strange noises, turn it off at the thermostat.
- If you see smoke seeping out of the vents, turn the gas and power off immediately.
- If the controller isn’t working, it might just need new batteries.
- If you’re still uncertain, contact us and we will advise you on any queries.
WHAT WILL THE TECHNICIAN DO WHEN THEY ARE AT MY HOME?
Our technicians will investigate thoroughly and make a diagnosis of the problem. When they arrive, they will do the following:
- Inspect your Dux system
- Test the thermostat, furnace, and controller
- Physically inspect all connections, pressures, time delays, part performance, heat exchanger, and other aspects
- Pinpoint the problem
- Explain that problem to you, and the best options for Dux hot water repairs
For repairs and installations, Canberra Plumbing & Drains only uses genuine parts. We will never use generic parts, so our customers know that we provide only the best quality. We also provide a warranty for the services rendered to you. Dux hot water systems are the perfect option to meet your hot water requirements.
WHY HAS MY HEATER BROKEN?
It is essential that Dux hot water systems are maintained by servicing them regularly. If not, it will fail to function at its full potential.
Hot water systems work harder in Canberra in comparison to other Australian areas and therefore should have an annual service. This is because the temperature fluctuation that occurs when seasons change, from extremely high temperatures during summer to very cold temperatures during winter, can cause a system to deteriorate.
If regular, professional servicing of hot water systems is neglected, their lifespan will decrease, even more so if it is used frequently.
We have dealt with the repairs of many hot water systems in the past, and have seen heaters no more than five years old that need replacing.
This could happen for the following reasons:
- New Dux hot water systems that are badly installed can hinder their performance and length of service over time
- Irregular maintenance
- Normal wear and tear
- Due to the extreme weather conditions in Canberra, a Dux hot water heater installed outside has a shorter life span than one installed in the roof or beneath the house.
HOW OFTEN MUST DUX HOT WATER SYSTEMS BE SERVICED?
Our professionals recommend that you service your system annually. Adhering to the annual service will minimise the chance of breakdown as a result of neglecting to maintain the system. Inadequate heating system maintenance can result in higher operating costs.
Our services include cleaning, fine-tuning machinery, and reprogramming the hot water heater computer. We test for dangerous carbon monoxide gas leaks, and we inspect wiring for any looseness that could be a fire hazard. All precautions are taken to ensure the optimal performance of hot water systems, because the safety and satisfaction of our valued customers is our top priority.
Canberra Plumbing & Drains can service and repair the following Dux hot water systems:
- Proflo Electric Storage
- Prodigy Gas Storage
- Always Hot Continuous Flow
- Ecosmart Gas Boosted Solar
- Ecosmart Electric Boosted Solar
- Airoheat Air Sourced Heat Pump
If you’re in need of Dux hot water repairs or servicing, our plumbers are an excellent choice. Contact us for all your requirements for Dux water heaters.