UNLIKE ANY OTHER GAS HEATER REPAIRER IN CANBERRA
…or anywhere else, for that matter
It might sound like we’re bragging, but the proof is in the pudding pipes.
Click here to
call us right now
Looking for a quote?
Start right here
Check our service locations
Quick search online
Done Once. Done Right.
It’s not just hot air!
7 DAY ON-CALL EMERGENCY GAS HEATER SERVICE CANBERRA & SURROUNDS
Canberra Plumbing & Drains will pick up your emergency call with urgency, or immediately return it if necessary. You can expect prompt service within a 2-hour window of arrival if you have an emergency and need assistance with your Bonaire heating and cooling system. As a bonus, our friendly team will stay on the phone to talk you through the situation with our excellent customer service. One of our licensed plumbers will be at your door in no time, to take over and solve the problem calmly and professionally.
WE ARRIVE WHEN WE SAY WE WILL
Punctuality should be a given, but unfortunately in this industry it isn’t. Don’t worry too much though, because Canberra Plumbing will change what you thought of plumbers and gas fitter technicians in this area. Our team always turns up on time, with great customer service and a smile as an added extra. Our world-class communication means that the technician on the job or a team member from the office will check in and provide updates so you’re never left wondering what’s going on and when.
WE’VE GOT DECADES OF EXPERIENCE WITH GAS HEATERS, OUR OWN EQUIPMENT, & UPFRONT PRICING
Don’t be fooled by the service technicians that proudly advertise suspiciously cheap prices, but keep racking up the costs the longer they spend in your home. Our local family-owned and run business has gifted us over twenty years of experience when it comes to ducted gas heating and Bonaire systems. Unlike our peers, we provide upfront pricing that’s completely transparent and extremely good value for money considering the quality of technicians and the work they provide.
DO YOU HAVE A BONAIRE SYSTEM BREAKDOWN?
GOT A GAS HEATING SYSTEM EMERGENCY IN CANBERRA OR SURROUNDS? NEED SOMEONE OUT TODAY? QUICK, GIVE US A CALL RIGHT NOW ON (02) 6288 9929, AND WE’LL SEND SOMEONE OUT ASAP.
Or, if you have a problem that’s less urgent, you can simply call us or fill out the online enquiry form – whichever is more convenient for you. We will ask questions to determine the problem and its urgency and schedule a time to come and assess the situation. Don’t worry about how big or small the job is – we treat every situation with the same level of professionalism.
Our plumbing team members will explain the process moving forward and what the cost will be. A new Bonaire system and replacement can be costly, but you can trust that we will never recommend anything that isn’t absolutely necessary.
Get a quote today
For Your Peace of Mind
We are fully licenced Plumbers
We have all the equipment you could imagine to clear blocked drains in Canberra
We have unparalleled levels of care for our clients and their drains
We clear, repair and replace all blocked drains
Family-Owned. Independent. Canberra Locals.
I’m Andrew Skipper, the Owner and Master Problem Solver of Canberra Plumbing & Drains.
My wife and family and I have been running businesses in this industry for over two decades, and we’ve built a team of staff so qualified and accredited, we’d need a whole wall in the office just to hold up their certifications. Ours are the sought after plumbing services by Canberra locals when they’ve had enough of dealing with shonky operators who overpromise and underdeliver, use second-grade equipment and materials, and who don’t turn up on time (or at all)!
Because we’ve been in this game long enough to build an excellent plumbing service reputation, we do everything we can to keep those promises – and exceed them. Throughout Canberra, Jerrabomberra, and the Queanbeyan areas, we’re known as the folks you call when you need the plumbing work done right. The first time. My wife makes fun of me for being the most detail-oriented person she knows, which certainly means great things for you as a Canberra Plumbing & Drains customer.
Plus, we pride ourselves on being the best communicators around:
- You can depend on our same-day service,
- We take the time and explain all the ins and outs to you so that you are satisfied you understand the repairs we’re doing and why
- We will talk you through a plumbing emergency so that you can remain safe and remain calm until the professionals arrive
- Our heater repair techs will keep you up to speed through every step of the process, so there aren’t any surprises with time, price or quality of work.
When it comes to Canberra Plumbing & Drains, you don’t need to worry about anyone going AWOL. Our fabulous office staff don’t hesitate to contact customers and work around their busy schedules. Your time is precious, so our responses are always fast, on time, and with great communication.
While we sure are experts in Bonaire ducted gas heating systems, we’re also just locals part of the community. We are your neighbours, mates, and you can count on us for anything plumbing, from heating appliances to air conditioning, central heating to hot water systems in Canberra. Find out about our wonderful team so that you can get to know our friendly faces.
No one thinks they’ll love their plumber until that plumber over-delivers on their promises (and saves the day!)
“Brodie was super helpful as was his offsider on the day. Did a cheeky drain unblock on his way out. 😁. Thanks so much guys.”
“It was an extremely respectful, professional and well executed service…”
“They showed up when they said they would (on the same day) and most importantly I didn’t have to worry about a thing as they took care of everything from start to finish…”
“…you get a professional job with prompt service, transparency in what it may cost and why, and they clean up after themselves.”
We’ll guarantee our drain cleaning, Canberra. And more… I’ll personally promise we will always strive to go above and beyond your expectations.
We take our credentials very seriously
We have spent nearly 25 years working hard on building up and maintaining our good reputation in Canberra. From the humble beginnings of a small family-owned and operated outfit to employing multiple, expertly trained and experienced team members, Canberra Plumbing & Drains consistently surpasses the standards of other plumbers performing heater repairs in the area. We make sure the team is made up of like-minded people who share our common goal of providing top-notch plumbing service to Canberra.
Our plumbing team is handpicked to ensure only the best quality is associated with Canberra Plumbing & Drains. Our plumbers are all fully licensed, certified and qualified, and we ensure they withhold the Canberra Plumbing level of excellent customer service we have become known and sought after for.
More Customer Love for Canberra Plumbing & Drains
Don’t just take our work for it
“…I managed to book in super quickly for an emergency issue. The booking window was only 2hrs and they called half an hour before so it was super easy for someone working full time…”
“…Great service. Turned up on time!”
“…Pricing was super reasonable considering the quality work…”
“…From the initial call answering to the appointment booking and plumber’s visit, everything was done with utmost professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction…”
Our motto is:
‘Done once, done right’
Our exceptional customer service has people returning to our company over and over again.
We have qualified, reliable technicians in Canberra that have the experience to make the right call the first time. There’s nothing we haven’t seen and nothing that scares us, so don’t hesitate before getting your nagging plumbing problem fixed for good.
So, take the plunge
and give us a call today
Canberra Plumbing & Drains works with only the best – so we deliver you only the best
We own all our own equipment and only invest in the right tools at top quality – so machinery breaking down on the job and no ‘substituting’ a part that’ll “do the job for now” regardless of whether you – the customer – can see it or not. Whether it’s a fancy new drain or the smallest junction that goes deep inside your drainage system, you can be assured it’s the best quality around.
Got a Blocked Drain Emergency in Canberra and surrounds?
Click here to call us right now
Just looking for a quote or specific information?
Send us some details or photos and we’ll get back to you pronto
HOW DO BONAIRE DUCTED GAS HEATING SYSTEMS WORK
Every room in your house gets sent heated air via ductwork connected to your Bonaire heating system.
The air is heated through a process where the ducted systems heat up the air using the furnace (or gas heater). The air circulates to warm everything up and then goes back to the heater through a return air grill to be recycled and heated again.
Typically, Bonaire heating systems are placed under the house, outside or in the roof.
BENEFITS OF DUCTED GAS HEATING
- A well maintained natural gas heating system is safe.
- Gas heaters are reliable and efficient as they reach the required temperature faster than reverse cycle heating.
- You don’t waste energy heating the whole house thanks to flexible zoning – you can heat the parts of the house needed, saving you as much as 60% on running costs.
- The heating and cooling system can be installed in almost any type of space.
- The warm air doesn’t dry out your eyes and skin.
- A Bonaire air conditioner produces low CO² emissions, making it a better choice for the environment.
Common blocked drain concerns busted:
- A blocked toilet will not overflow inside (if your sewer drains are installed to Australian regulations and/or the blockage is not in the toilet branch-line). The sewer drains will overflow at the overflow point outside the home. But let’s not test this to its limits. There is no need to repeatedly flush your toilet when blocked;
- If you have blocked stormwater drains it will not affect your toilets, basins, sinks, showers or baths. This is because your sewer system takes care of all your inside drainage and your stormwater takes care of all of your outside drainage. If you have a blocked toilet and it rains, this will in no way affect your blocked toilet or the other way around (if installed to Australian Standards);
- You cannot flush any type of wet wipe, paper towel or sanitary items down the toilet irrespective of the marketing on the package;
- A landscaper does not know how to design and install drainage like a drain plumber will. If you need your stormwater service to effectively drain surface water from your yard, please consult our tradespeople who are qualified in drainage. Drains are not quite as simple as “water runs downhill’.
Licensed professionals waiting to help, make an enquiry now
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO SERVICE YOUR BONAIRE SYSTEM
- Having a technician check up on your gas heater will give them an idea of how it is performing over time. We can advise you when it’s time to have it replaced with a new Bonaire system if we see that it’s close to the end of its service life and is no longer working optimally. You can trust that we won’t recommend anything unless we believe in our professional opinion that it should be done.
- Regular maintenance can help to prevent breakdowns because it fixes the small problems as soon as they arise. Small problems that are left unattended for too long can become bigger, more expensive problems that you’ll inevitably have to deal with eventually.
- Regular servicing gives your Bonaire system a much better chance of reaching its full lifespan without needing to be replaced prematurely.
- Gas leaks can be deadly, so inspecting ducted gas systems is vital. Leaks can be potential fire hazards or lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. We strongly believe in taking extra precautions to ensure your safety.
- Performing maintenance on your Bonaire ducted unit includes cleaning, so the air circulated will be cleaner too.
If you need your gas heater serviced, we are here to help. You can give us a call or email us to arrange a time for our qualified gas heater servicing team to attend your home in Canberra, Queanbeyan or Jerrabomberra.
WHAT WILL THE BONAIRE REPAIRER DO WHEN THEY ARE AT MY HOME?<br />
When servicing heating and cooling products, our technician will do the investigations to make a diagnosis. A gas Bonaire service, Canberra, is at risk of getting knocked around because of the fluctuating temperatures at the start and end of seasons, and also the extreme temperatures experienced during the seasons’ peak. Many people underestimate how badly summer conditions wreak havoc on gas heaters.
When the expert technicians arrive at your house, they will:
- Inspect the Bonaire gas heater,
- Test the furnace, controller or thermostat,
- Physically inspect connections, pressures, time delays, the performance of different parts, the heat exchanger condition and other relevant aspects of the system,
- After making a diagnosis, the technician will explain the issue to you and discuss your options moving forward.
If the repair requires parts, take note that Canberra Plumbing & Drains only supplies and fits genuine parts. We avoid cheap generic parts like the plague, so customers can be assured of the quality delivered. We also provide a warranty to support our fantastic service.
WHY HAS MY HEATER BROKEN?
If your Bonaire system hasn’t been diligently serviced or maintained, you cant expect it to work at its full potential. In Canberra, gas heaters work harder than in many other Australian locations and must be serviced annually. If a Bonaire ducted heating unit isn’t serviced every year, its lifespan will be drastically reduced, particularly if it is used throughout the day and night.
We have seen heaters as young as only five years old need to be replaced for these reasons:
- A common issue is the poor installation of the Bonaire system when it was still brand new. This can hinder its performance and longevity.
- Lack of thorough maintenance as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wear and tear.
- An outside Bonaire system won’t last for as long as one positioned in the roof or underneath the house, because of the intense weather conditions in Canberra over peak summer and winter.
WHEN IS IT A GOOD TIME TO ASK QUESTIONS?
Our skilled technicians have been trained to answer questions and they are very experienced in providing the best customer service. No question is too silly or too intricate for them to explain in as much or as little detail as you want. So, when you think of a question, don’t be shy! Our team’s priority is to ensure you know exactly what’s going on in your home, how much it will cost and why.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A BONAIRE HEATER SERVICE, CANBERRA<br />
When the time rolls around for your annual gas heater service, contact our fully qualified team to make an appointment for them to come out – or book online.
When they arrive, our technicians will do investigations to determine any issues present in your heating unit. Gas heaters have to deal with the extreme changing temperatures of the Australian climate from summer to winter, and this can cause severe wear and tear.
The service from our award-winning team includes:
- gas heater inspection,
- gas heater testing from the furnace, controller or thermostat,
- inspection of connections, parts, time delays, pressures, heat exchanger condition,
- testing for irregularities,
- making a diagnosis,
- providing expert advice regarding your options and agreeing on the plan of action for repairs, maintenance or replacement, and
- ordering any required parts and installing them.
You can rest assured that at Canberra Drains & Plumbing, we only supply and fit genuine parts to ensure quality heating and cooling. Cheap generic parts aren’t up to our standards as we prefer to choose good and long-lasting quality.
Contact our emergency line immediately if you think there is a problem with your Bonaire heating system that can’t wait until your next service. Turn off the power and gas if your system is making strange noises or smells and wait for a technician to arrive.
WHY BONAIRE EVAPORATIVE COOLING SYSTEMS?
The Bonaire Add On Cooling System is a popular cooling supply because it combines quality heating and cooling using the same ductwork. The Bonaire Evaporative Cooler provides evaporative cooling using the heater’s fan to cool the air down using ice.
Ducted air conditioning and evaporative cooling systems must also be serviced regularly to continue to do a great job of providing cooling.
Servicing your Bonaire system regularly can:
- prolong its lifespan,
- remove build-up and debris inside so it doesn’t have to overwork to produce cool air,
- identify parts that need to be replaced, and
- ensure that your ducted system can run safely and well for another year.
SOME SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO BEFORE WE ARRIVE
- If your Bonaire appliance is smelling weird and you are worried it could be a bad sign, rather don’t risk it and turn the gas and power off completely.
- If it is making loud noises, turn it off at the controller or thermostat.
- If the vents are emitting smoke, turn the gas and power off.
- If the controller isn’t working, you might need to change the batteries. Have a search on YouTube for a tutorial on how to replace them.
- Don’t be shy to contact our trained office staff with any queries or concerns you may have.
SERVICING AN EVAPORATIVE COOLER
A Bonaire evaporative cooler is a more energy-efficient cooling system. A central cooling unit is connected to outlets in the home through which the cool air is dispersed.
Evaporative cooling systems work by expelling fresh air through moistened pads. These damp pads filter and cool the air down. The cool air travels through the whole home through the ductwork and into the rooms. Evaporative cooling systems are more energy-efficient and therefore economical than refrigerated air conditioning and other cooling solutions on the market.
Servicing an evaporative cooler includes:
washing the filter pads,
cleaning the air conditioner’s base and sump, and
unblocking the water distribution holes so that enough water can be filtered over the pads.
Not all blocked drain services in Canberra are created equal. There are plenty of seemingly reliable companies claiming they will clear your blocked drains for under $99. We find that type of company has ways of cutting corners on the quality of the blocked drain service. So here is some of what we do and you can expect as a minimum: