Are you leaving for a long, well-deserved holiday? Maybe a short weekend getaway? There are a few things you should do before leaving to help prevent returning home to a plumbing disaster. Having an issue with your plumbing is never wanted, let alone after having a nice, relaxing holiday – following the checklist below will help to prevent returning home to an unwanted issue.
A Plumbing Checklist for Before You go on Holiday
- Check for leaks around your home – both inside and out. If you have a leak, you should get it repaired – or at least isolate the area – before you leave.
- Unplug appliances.
- Turn off the water supply to your property.
- Consider turning off your hot water system.
- Ensure all taps are turned off – both inside and outside your property.
- Turned off your heater or cooler.
- Check your sewer and stormwater drains for any signs of blockages.
- Drain all hoses.
- Turn off your gas appliances.
- Turn off the gas supply to your property.
- Clear any gutters you have. This will help to prevent any blockages whilst you are away.
- If you have one, clean your incinerator.
- Organise someone to check on your home while you’re away.
- Arrange an emergency contact list, if there are any issues.
Once you have returned home and turned everything back on, check that everything is working as it should be.
If you have noticed any issues in your home whilst going through the checklist, you should have them repaired by a professional before you go away to ensure that you don’t return home to a costly disaster.
Have you followed the plumbing checklist and have found that you have some issues in your home? Have you returned home to find issues with your plumbing? Canberra Plumbing and Drains is here to help! Cal our friendly team on 0474 488 899 to book in your appointment with one of our highly skilled technicians today!